Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If I had it my way...

Tonight, I'm sitting at work... I work the overnight shift, so I have a lot of time to think...
and I began thinking of the way my life would be if I had it my way...
If I had it my way...
I would own a fully restored 1979 Volkswagen Van for roadtrips and such...
I would have a wooden canoe to go on top of said VW van...
I would be living in the Seattle area (I love the weather, terrain, availability of places to enjoy the outdoors nearby, gorgeous views, a lot of rain, the folk music scene is great there, it's got a very artistic-friendly atmosphere, coffee, outdoor markets, ocean nearby, rocky coasts, evergreens, desert on the other side of the mountains, people there are used to folks with beards, etc...)
I would be teaching history/archaeology at a university and doing research while making frequent trips to the Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Greece, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc... to do field research and excavation.
I would be working in some teaching role for a progressive church not affiliated with any denomination, because I feel that it's of the utmost importance for Christians to know the facts about the history of the Bible and the land and the cultures of the ancient near east and the problems that exist between the Bible and archaeological evidence...
I would have an apartment in the city so I could live an eco-friendly life... haha... and drive a scooter around town...
I would own a bookstore/coffe shop so I could have one to chill at any time I want...
I would be in a folk/Irish band... hahaha!
That's... that's about it...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Finally I've found you, will you marry me???
    Oh wait .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta say... that's kind of awkward... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete